Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Suki

A few days ago, as I sat at Saxby's studying I looked outside and there standing was a lady with her Dalmatian. The Dalmatian reminded me of my nana's dog, Suki. Suki and I practically grew together, or rather I grew up alongside her. As far back as I can remember she was always there by my side. Nana always mentions the close knit relationship she and I shared, the dog that is. Tata would punish Suki for something she had done or wasn't supposed to do. Then apparently I would say, "No le pegues a mi 'mana Suki." Rough translation: "Don't hit my sister Suki." Of course at the age of 3 any child would believe that a dog could be her sister. She and I did have a special bond. I also remember when I would go visit Nana Suki was allowed inside. She was an outside dog, strictly an outside dog, but whenever I went over the rules were off. 
Suki would rest her head on my lap as I petted her. She wouldn't ever leave my side when I was over. It was a sad dog when Nana had to tell me that she had to be put to sleep. :( She and I had a very close bond, and she was the coolest Dalmation I had ever met in my life. I think if I ever get my own dog, it'll be named Suki II, or have that as her middle name. In honor of her.

No comments: