Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What it means to be punk

I think now I understand or rather have realized what it means to truly be Punk in our modern day society. According to Mr. Greg Graffin's "Punk Manifesto" a punk walks the thin line between social conformity and denouncing their social development. For my Catholic Imagination course we have to write a one page analysis of the human imagination as such. For this portion of the final I have chosen to write it from the Punk Imagination. Now I truly understand what Mr. Graffin has been getting at in his essay and what it means to be punk and how I AM PUNK. After almost 4 years of my undergraduate courses at Georgetown I have learned to walk that fine academic line of what my ideals/beliefs/thoughts are and how to utilize them in my courses to get my discourse across to my professors. 

So then does this realization complete my ideological process over to being a full punk????

No comments: